Walt Disney Archives Collection – Mickey & Minnie Black & White Maquette
The exuberant Mickey and Minnie hand-painted sculptures are from the short, Get A Horse! Walt Disney provides all of Mickey’s dialogue – carefully crafted from vintage shorts. Production molds were made from a 3D scan of original maquettes.
- Introduced September 2015
- “Mickey & Minnie Black and White Maquette” from the Walt Disney Archives collection
- Numbered Limited Edition: only 1,000 made; includes matching hand-numbered certificate of verification and story card
- Captures Mickey & Minnie as seen in original animator model
- Vintage coloration achieved through hand-matching paint swatches from the Disney paint palette to originals
- Height: 19cm
What is an Animation Maquette?
Maquettes were first used by Disney animators in the late 1930s; they served as important reference to keep the character appearance consistent and to allow the artists to study different angles.
Original maquettes in the company’s collection were digitally scanned by Disney Imagineers to create the production molds for these exquisite hand crafted, numbered limited edition reproductions.
To accurately reflect the coloration of vintage maquettes, swatches of the Disney paint palette were hand-matched to the originals.